Bosch Projects’ long and successful history in land developments has added value to our client base that stretches throughout South Africa and into Africa. Land development projects range from large mixed-use urban developments (up to 2000ha), new CBD’s, upmarket housing estates, affordable housing estates to subsidised housing.
The services provided by Bosch Projects cover the full spectrum of the development cycle. This includes engineering input to the developer’s professional team to optimize township layouts, obtain environmental approvals, secure provision of bulk services via services agreements with service providers, and obtain township establishment approvals, followed by design and implementation of the infrastructure services Bosch Projects has in-depth knowledge of development establishment processes, ensuring seamless integration with the development teams. We have special technical
skills in all elements of development services, including earthworks, roads, water, sewer, electricity, streetlighting, stormwater and communications, ensuring an integrated ‘one-stop shop’ for developers. The services can also include the top structures (see ‘Buildings’).
Sustainable developments are high on our agenda, with Bosch Projects having considerable exposure to the latest in renewable energy, options to minimise energy use, the re-use of water coupled with advance sanitation options, harvesting and storing of rainwater amongst other initiatives. We also promote the ‘smart city’ concept.
In-house water resource specialists ensure that sensitive wetland and rivers are protected by application of rigorous stormwater controls based on SUDs principles.
Bosch Projects can undertake the following aspects of projects:
- Engineering input at development assembly stage including services availability and feasibility costing
- Working with development team and other BEP’s to obtain environmental and planning approvals
- Design and planning of all infrastructure services to incorporate sustainability, including potential ‘smart city’ elements
- Services include earthworks platforms and roads, stormwater (SUD’s), water and sanitation (recycling of elements), electricity and streetlighting (including renewables), communications,
- Procurement and construction administration
- Project management
- Financial viability assessments and assistance in capital raising via Bosch Capital
- Bridge City Town Centre – a new 43 ha CBD encompassing a rail station and commercial areas, hospital, magistrates court and mixed use
- Ntshongweni Urban Development – a 2000ha mixed use development incorporating sustainable and smart city concepts
- Mount Edgecombe Retirement Village – a 260 unit village, including integrating all the top-structure designs with the earthworks, retaining walls and infrastructure.
- Brettenwood Estate – a 100ha upmarket development providing some 600 residential opportunities
- Royal Palm Estates – 600ha residential and mixed-use development, including water and sanitation bulk services and dams
- Bridge City Business Estate – a 13ha light industrial estate adjacent to the Bridge City Town Centre
- Wells Estate – infrastructure to a 1750 unit low income development
- Manor Estate – a 350 unit middle income residential estate
- Hawaan Forest Estate – 25 unit high income residential estate, with groundbreaking rigorous stormwater controls using SUDS principles
- Siyembezi Housing – 1000 unit low income housing development
- Enzwelinisha Housing – 2000 unit low income peri urban housing development
- Darnall Village Upgrade – upgrade of all services to municipal standards for 650 unit existing village