Bosch Projects Mechanical Engineer
Bosch Projects: Mechanical Engineer
Reference number: [REF: BP.LME.03.26.21]
Closing Date: 17:00 on the 9 April 2021
Bosch Projects, a level 2 B-BBEE company and member of the multi-disciplinary Bosch Holdings, founded in 1961, has an exciting opportunity for an energetic, intelligent, intergroups and pro-active Mechanical Engineer with astute sugar industry experience. This position will be based in Durban and reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
The Sugar & Industrial Division undertakes sugar and industrial projects in both the public and private sector globally, and contributes extensively to the globally renowned Bosch Projects sugar industry brand. Typical projects undertaken in the division involve multi-disciplinary engineering and project management in the sugar, paper and pulp, brewing and FMCG, materials handling, and related industrial process plant sectors, in the form of EPCM, consulting services or EPC (Turn-key) projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Producing, maintaining and taking responsibility for mechanical engineering project deliverables within a highly variable project environment, including the production and undertaking of:
- Sugar factory conceptual and feasibility studies, including factory expansion and efficiency optimisation assessments;
- Equipment, vessel and pump technical specifications and equipment lists;
- Pump and piping systems specifications and data sheets;
- Oversight, collaboration and interaction on the 3D modelling and design manipulation of equipment drawings, plant layouts and general arrangement drawings with design draftsperson;
- Input into sugar process design and process parameters including PFDs, P&IDs and
- Front-end, back-end, power-house, utilities and materials handling equipment and/or system assessment and design;
- Equipment lists and datasheets, tender enquiry and techno-commercial adjudications, as well as contract documentation;
- Quality documentation for the management of tender or contractor design conformity to specifications;
- Project construction, quality control and commissioning roles, including the management of OEM equipment, pump and piping systems and mechanical installation contractors;
- Effectively manage contractors and interact with technical expert sugar associates;
- Interface with and positively contribute to building national and international sugar Client relationships;
- Contribute to technology and innovation initiatives in the Division; and
- Provide technical support to the Sugar & Sugar Equipment Sector and R&D Department;
The ideal Candidate should:
- Have a BSc. Eng. (Mechanical) / B.Eng. (Mechanical) degree;
- Be registered or in a position to register as a Professional Engineer with ECSA;
- Have at least 5 years of appropriate operational experience in the sugar industry (previous experience in a consulting environment will be an added advantage);
- Have sugar factory operational experience at a managerial level (added advantage);
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the sugar production process, including the necessary insight into front- and back-end sugar equipment operational parameters and design;
- Possess a thorough understanding of project engineering workflow and a broad understanding of the other design engineering disciplines, i.e. Civil, Process, Structural, Instrumentation and Electrical engineering;
- Have effective computer skills e.g. Microsoft Office and 3D Mechanical Engineering Software packages (preferable);
- Be an honest, confident and effective communicator, capable of managing teams and deliverables against strict deadlines;
- Have strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Have a valid driver’s license;
- Have or be able to obtain a valid passport; and
- Be prepared to travel within and outside RSA borders.
Preference will be given to people from designated groups, in line with Bosch Holdings transformation plans. Suitably qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after two weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.