New Yeast Propagation Plant
CLIENT: South African Breweries
LOCATION: Newlands, Cape Town
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Detail Design, Construction and Project Management Services
- Detail design of Mechanical, Electrical and C&I of the integration portion of New Yeast Propagation Plant;
- Issuing of tenders, tender evaluation & recommendation of SAB contractors; appointment of Bosch Projects subcontractors, QC & managing of manufacturing process;
- Detail construction management of all tasks and resources during construction;
- Commissioning of all integration plant & assistance with process commissioning; and
- Full project management of entire project from inception to closeout, inclusive of all consultants and contractors.
- Bosch Projects designed and implemented all the elements of the integration of the new Yeast Propagation Plant process modules into the existing manufacturing plant which included the supply of glycol, process air, water and steam, electricity, HVAC, fire detection and suppression as well as product to and from the plant. Bosch Projects managed the civil design of the building and foundations via SAB’s external consultants;
- Process tie-ins for water, steam and condensate was performed during an 18 hour plant shutdown using detailed hourly task scheduling;
- The critical path construction of the integration works was completed in two months after which cold commissioning commenced. Overall construction was completed in three months.
- New 12.5m high Yeast Propagation Plant Building with suspended floor slab over existing reservoir roof;
- External & internal piping for glycol, air, water and steam including lagging and pressure let down station;
- Yeast skid, gas skid, CIP skid, heater skid, condensate skid, Wort skid (in cellar);
- CIP tanks and main 65 ton Yeast Propagation Tank;
- ASI and Profibus networks — fibre link to new SIEMENS PLC module in Ferment Room PLC cabinet;
- Power cabling & new motor control centre for process pumps; lighting DB and instrument DB;
- Internal and external plant lighting and industrial socket outlets;
- HVAC for control of room temperature to 9ºC and 45%RH;
- Aspirating fire detection system & fire sprinkler system for Prop Room; and
- Smoke detection system and Inergen Gas suppression for MCC room.
Project Value: R 11 mil