Westgate Shopping Mall
CLIENT: Sony Holdings
LOCATION: Nairobi, KENYA
TYPE OF CONTRACT: EPCM - Consultants for Plumbing, Drainage and Firefighting Installations and Co-ordination of all Services
- Conceptual Design
- Engineering and Design
- Contract Management
- Construction Management
- Testing and Commissioning
The project is the construction of new car parking, shopping centre and foundation and infrastructure work for the new 21 storey Apartment block to be built on the existing site of Westgate Shopping Mall in Nairobi. This works is part of the re-construction after the terrorist attack which damaged the mall.
Bosch East Africa Ltd was responsible for the following services:
- Internal plumbing building services, inclusive of plumbing, drainage and sanitary ware for public toilets;
- Water storage;
- Pressurised potable water supply to shops and restaurant;
- Rainwater collection and drainage into existing storm water drains for new building;
- Fire hydrant and fire hose reels for entire complex and external areas. Selection of firefighting pumps and sizing and locating of firefighting storage tank;
- Full contract documents, contract management, cost estimates and construction supervision;
- Complete testing and commissioning of all services.
Bosch East Africa Ltd was also responsible for the co-ordination of the services for electrical lighting, CCTV, public address system, air-conditioning installation, ventilation and extraction system, fire fighting, plumbing, foul water and storm water drainage systems.